Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Eye Opener

One eye opener publishing Steampunk Trails was how incredibly tough it was to get artists.  I contacted 12 artists through their blogs or websites because I liked their samples or I'd seen their work someplace--not one of them even bothered to respond.  Of the artists who contacted me through our announcements, of the three I gave assignments to, only two of them bothered to complete them and one of those was late. I eventually recruited another artist.  This was for interior illustrations, not the cover.  In other words, the starving artist seems to be because of his own doing, to botch the phrase a bit. 
 
So, this leaves me in a predicament of what to do with any future issues.  I honestly don't know if illustrating the magazine is worth the grief.  How about it, readers?  How important are interior illustrations to you?  I'd really like to know.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment