Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Case of the Bastard Stepchild

I mentioned recently that Six Guns Straight From Hell has been retired. I'll miss it but the show must go on.  What's always baffled me is Low Noon.   It's the same size as Six Guns.  About 2/3 of the writers in it are the same. It's the same sort of content. Yet it has languished in obscurity. Where Six Guns got some rather good reviews, Low Noon  has been mostly ignored.  The sales of it aren't near what the other book was.  I had hoped that people would say "I liked that other one by this editor" and buy Low Noon as well. But, that has not happened.  Low Noon remains the unwanted bastard stepchild and just has never really caught on.  It's got one of the best gunfights I've ever read. Alas, I can't make people buy it. 
 
Just remember: when your kids grow up delinquent and your spouse leaves you, that probably wouldn't have happened if you'd bought a copy of Low Noon.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment