Monday, July 29, 2013

Steaming Ahead

Over at Steampunk Trails, where I am publisher, we're wrapping up the submission period for the new magazine.  I am anxious to see what the stories are like.  I don't know yet because I am not the editor.  Unlike my other magazine, Science Fiction Trails, this time around I hired an editor. Thus far, that seems to be working out nicely. 

In addition to fiction, we decided to have a few nonfiction articles about various aspects of steampunk. Steampunk is much more than simply a literary concept.  One thing we're featuring is a review of Doggles, goggles for dogs.  There's no spoiler here, our magazine's blog already has the information.  The Doggles people make an assortment of goggles designed for dogs.  There are different colors and styles.  When the steampunk craze came along they must have thanked their lucky stars.  I don't know how many cool looking dogs are strutting around with dog goggles on, but I do know one border collie who has a pair.  She belongs to the magazine's editor and there will be a review about this product.

I might also say that I've noticed some of the industrial products companies have begun to realize not all of their goggles are being purchased by welders and machinists.  Some even say "Great for Steampunk" on their packages now. The ones I have are thusly labeled. And mine were bought when I attended a steampunk convention. 

So, here's a picture of a dog wearing goggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment