Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I Write Like

There's this site.  I heard about it on the Horror Writers Association forum.  It's I Write Like...   How it works is you paste in some text of your writing, then it tells you what famous author you most write like.  Anyway, I apparently write like David Foster Wallace.  Try it yourself.
http://iwl.me/ 


I was hoping more for the likes of Edward Bulwer-Lytton. He's the guy who started his book "It was a Dark and Stormy Night."  If I had better computer skills  I could have fun with such a site.  I'd program it to match people with writing that didn't even resemble theirs.  So, someone who wrote flowery poetry would be compared to Hunter S. Thompson.  And a gruesome horror writer would come out compared to Mark Twain.  It's a good thing I'm not in charge of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment