Sunday, June 23, 2013

Cave Man Cop

For about the last 10 years, off and on, I've tried to write a mystery about a cave man named Og.  Og's a hard working hunter gatherer who tries to provide for his family and worries a lot about the way second wife looks at Thag, who lives in the next valley over.  I've tried various approaches.  Nothing really works.  I even tried having him take on space aliens.  I was going to put him in last year's all Martian special,  but the story just turned out to be crap.  Og just remains a bust.  I don't know what to do with him. Cave men just are not really that interesting.  At least not any that I can come up with. That's the way writing is.  Some stories work and some don't.  And there are simply times you have to cut your losses and move on.  I think I've finally given up on Og.

No comments:

Post a Comment