Monday, May 20, 2013

Strange Goings On

On the return end of my recent trip to Arizona I was driving through Utah.  As I sometimes do, I pulled off at a Taco Bell.  I decided to have a couple of burritos.  Then, I went into the bathroom to pee. The manager of this establishment was in there, washing his hands under the blow dryer. He suddenly turned to me and yelled, "You can't use this restroom. This is for customers. Get out or I'll call the police."

"Screw you," I said. "Go ahead and call them." I went into a stall. I normally would have used a urinal, but I didn't want to turn my back on this nutjob. I completed said mission, and washed my hands. I went back outside, saw no sign of the manager person, got in my car and drove away.  I thought that experience was absolutely bizarre. 

Now, some may make note of the fact that I in no way made any effort to argue with this guy or explain anything.  And that's quite true.  I would've been delighted if this guy had called the police. He would've looked like a total idiot.  I guess it boils down to the fact that I rarely take shit off people.  If they want a big fight or confrontation, bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment