Thursday, March 7, 2013

Just Put Goggles On It









I'm attending a steampunk con in Denver at the end of the month. I've been trying to find some new steampunk looking duds for Anomaly Con. There's a saying that to make something look like steampunk, just put goggles on it.  Well, I found some goggles at the thrift store yesterday. I was so pleased.

Speaking of goggles, when I first moved to the Vail area, I kept seeing dogs wearing goggles.  I thought this was incredibly cool that dogs were running around wearing goggles. One dog was so cool he was wearing his goggles while he rode around in a motorcycle side car. But what I never could figure out is where people were getting these goggles from. Dog heads are not shaped like human heads. And these dog goggles seemed to be made for dogs.  As time went by, dogs in goggles sightings became less frequent. It's now been a couple of years since I've seen a dog wearing goggles. And I still have no idea where those dogs got their goggles at.

And I don't know if Anomaly Con allows dogs in goggles to attend.  I sure as hell would, but it's not up to me.

Since the original posting I've been informed that the dog goggles are called Doggles and are available from a company online. And they've got dozens of different styles. Every cool dog should have some.

1 comment:

  1. I can't recall ever seeing a dog with goggles at a Steampunk convention, but I have seen a rat with goggles -- twice!

    ReplyDelete