Saturday, February 16, 2013

Falling Skies

Kind of a weird coincidence that Russia got hit my a meteor the same day the big asteroid was flying by Earth. A lot of folks were hurt by the Russian meteor. Not making light of that, I've always wanted to be killed by a falling meteor. Really. Few of us get to choose how we die. And, the chances of being hit by these things are small. but there is something about a fiery object falling from the heavens that really appeals to me. Bring it on, space. I'm ready.

I guess I've felt that way since I was in high school. I was out in the back yard one evening and a very small blue meteor, probably the size of a pebble (or even smaller) came flying out of the sky. It landed in the next door neighbor's yard. I could even hear it sizzle as it flew no more than 10 feet by me. I spent many hours in the neighbor's yard when they weren't home. I never could find the meteor.

Last year, I saw one go down in the parking lot where I live. It disappeared in the snow and never gave up its hiding place. I was so bummed.

So, if there's a bigger one up there, I hope it's got my name on it. I'm ready. That's how I'd like to go. Weird, huh?

Oh, there are some great deals on mattresses this weekend.

















No comments:

Post a Comment