Thursday, January 24, 2013

Shoot 'em movie thoughts

When I was waiting to see the Django movie they were running the coming attractions trailers. They show this cowboy guy who’s out in the desert and not doing so good. Then he comes across this mysterious Indian. After a few seconds and a cut to another scene, the Indian calls the cowboy “Kemosahbee.” Instantly, I knew this was all about the new Lone Ranger movie. That one word was all I needed for that. The scenes look pretty good, actually. But how many times can a single word conjure up so much? Not often, that’s for sure.

Anyway, I was going to write a review on the Django movie, but I decided not to. I liked it. I just don’t know if it really matters what I think. I love all Quentin Tarantino movies. I actually think this may be his best one–and I really liked Kill Bill. But, people will either like it or not. It’s a true western. It’s set in the south right before the Civil War. And if you like a bunch of gunfights and bad guys and stuff, this film is packed with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment