Sunday, January 6, 2013

Review

We got our first review of Gunslingers & Ghost Stories. I'm not sure if I'm going to continue to post reviews. It doesn't really seem to make any difference as far as sales go. But, until I make up my mind, behold:

Gunslingers & Ghost Stories edited by David B. Riley, SF Trails, 2012, $12.95, ISBN 978-0615724840

For some reason the Old West has always struck me as a good setting for supernatural stories, even though in general I don’t care for historical horror. This all original collection bears out my contention, eleven stories of various things that go bump in the saloon or on the range or at the ranch. Most of the contributors were new to me but there are good stories by John Howard, Laura Givens, and a few others, and the rest are all various degrees of readable without any clunkers. Ghost stories are not generally popular in the US for some reason, so this is likely to be doubly out of the ordinary for most readers. 1/3/13
Don D'Ammassa, Critical Mass


No comments:

Post a Comment