Thursday, January 31, 2013

I've been traumatized!

I’ve been traumatized. Yesterday, I went to Denver because that’s where the opthamologist who treats my glaucoma is. That didn’t traumatize me.

Then I went to Country Buffet for lunch. The lunch did not traumatize me, either. In fact, I rather like their new Mongolian Grill. It’s rather tasty. But, they gave me the senior discount. I’ve never been given a senior discount in my life. I’ve now ascended to full fledged geezerhood. I guess there’s nothing left to do but sit on the back porch and wait for the Grim Reaper to arrive. It’s all over now. I’d been dreading that moment my entire life. Whilst I did save 55 cents on my lunch, it was not worth it considering the damage inflicted to my self esteem. Yikes! For the record, I’m not eligible for the geezer discount yet. That’s what makes me so worked up. I’ve still got a few years to go. But, at least in the eyes of the cashier at Country Buffet (home of the delicious Mongolian Grill), I’m now a geezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment