Saturday, November 10, 2012

Weather Wonderland

Well, as I write this, our first winter storm is moving into the area. It's been a mild autumn. I was running around yesterday in a short sleeve shirt. I don't recall it ever being this warm this late in November before. Of course, I live in ski country and most folks are obsessed with snowfall and feel it's high time to get that show on the road. Skiers won't come if there isn't snow on the slopes.

My own personal view is all you can do about the weather is cuss. My father taught me that.

And that leads me to today's writing observation. Weather can be a pivotal part of a story, but it seldom is. A driving snowstorm or broiling summer heat can really impact a story. Yet it's rarey used much as a story element.

No comments:

Post a Comment