Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Reading stuff

Lately, I've been getting a lot of free books. Apprently, because I edit a science fiction magazine, I get them. I think it's kind of stupid to send unsolicited books to editors who haven't asked for them. Science Fiction Trails doesn't currently do reviews, so I don't see the purpose other than these people don't have a clue who they're sending them to. I also get them because I'm a member of the HWA--an active member, which means I can vote for the Stoker Awards. I figure I've got at least a year's backlog of stuff to read.

So, a few weeks ago, I decided to thin out some of this stuff. I put up some of the books I'm not likely to get around to reading for sale on Amazon and eBay. I made about $75. Not bad. Now some people may frown on this, but I never asked for any of these books--not one. If I had solicited them, then I'd feel obligated to read them. As I didn't, I do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment