Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Black Ghost Friday

As I've said before, I've been on a ghost kick lately. That's culminated in my new anthology, Gunslingers & Ghost Stories which can be picked up at your local Amazon store. They keep them right next to the pickles.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I was talking ghosts with a family friend two days before Halloween. I started to rattle on about the mysterious black ghosts and how there are more pictures of them as there are more cameras capable of low light photography. People didn't used to think they existed. Now there are lots of pictures of them and it's kind of creepy. Well, somehow, she thought that black ghosts are the ghosts of black people. I don't think so. I don't understand ghosts. But I don't see where one's race or ethnicity would have anything to do with it. And that was kind of the end of it.

But, there are black ghosts in my new anthology. And Chinese ghosts. And lots of cowboy ghosts. I hope people like all the ghosts.

So, I was thinking, it would be neat to open a chain of haunted hotels. And then people could check in and get the crap scared out of them. I figure we could send psychics around to recruit the ghosts to come to the hotels and haunt them. Well, that's my latest crackpot idea, anyway. I'm sure the first Paranormal Place will be opening near you before you know it. The ad possibilities are endless: Do you like taking a shower with someone watching--we can make it happen. Want a wake up call when there is no phone--we can make it happen. Like falling asleep to the sound of rattling chains--we can make it happen. Stay at Parnormal Place, the hotels where some of our guests never check out.

And, another great idea is Walmart could save even more money on wages by hiring zombies as cashiers. Wait, I think they already have. More on that idea later.





No comments:

Post a Comment