Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Readings

What makes an author important? Is it the dollar sales of his work?? Is it in the winning of awards? I don't know. I do know that I approached a library about doing a reading of ghost stories in celebration of Halloween and I was squarely rebuffed. I'm not important enough. They didn't say my stories suck. They didn't say they don't want to do anything for Halloween. They said I'm not important enough. The basis for this? I don't know. I can only guess they've never heard of me, ergo I'm not important enough. This particualr library has three of my own books plus two other antholigies which I contribute short stories to on their very shelves. I doubt the person I talked to even bothered to check that fact. I'm important enough for someone to actually order books I've written, but not important enough to read ghost stories for Halloween. Welcome to my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment