Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fortune Cookie

A few days ago I was having lunch at a Chinese restaurant. The loudmouth at the table next to me read his fortune cookie to his ladyfriend. "You are going on a long journey." Well, they left and I finished my lunch in peace without any further need to hear about how Governor Romeny will save the world from the Muslims. As I drove down the road I noticed the same guy from the restaurant was leaning on the hood of his car--in handcuffs, whilst some deputy sheriffs seemed to be searching said vehicle. I later learned in the newspaper that said fellow was wanted by the State of Illinois for parole violation. Apparently his traversing the country was not sanctioned by his parole officer. So, if anyone thinks that the forunes in those cookies never come true, guess what--they do. He did indeed go away on a long journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment