Sunday, August 19, 2012

Guest Blogger (Karl)

Hi, it’s me, Karl. I’m the guest blogger today. We didn’t have writing where I come from. Back in the cretaceous it was just running around eating stuff. Every day was mostly the same. Now, I’ve even got my own column in Science Fiction Trails. That’s the magazine where science fiction meets the Wild West. Boy do I love science fiction. We didn’t have science fiction back in the cretaceous, either. We didn’t even have science.  I'd never heard of time travel before I ended up here.

But, I’ve learned that not all science fiction is so great. There’s this BBC show called Primeval. I thought it would have some of my friends from back home. Well, I was shocked that the dinosaurs were the bad guys. The British guys run around shooting dinosaurs and mammoths. Can you believe it? They wouldn’t last ten seconds if they had to take on a real dinosaur. I’m not watching that show any more.

Well, I just got back from the natural history museum. You wouldn’t believe how much they say dinosaur bones are worth. I used to grind them up and spit them out. Boy, I would’ve saved some of them. But who knew? I sure like the museum, although my old friends don’t look the same without any skin on them. I just sat quietly and people thought I was a new exhibit. Then, after they closed, I sure scared the crap out of the security guard.  I reared up and roared. Poor guy ran out the door and kept on going. Just a little dinosaur humor.

Then I went looking for some place called the Steak and Shake, but I couldn’t find it. But I found a big cookout in the park. There were all these people and they all left suddenly. They left a whole lot of food behind, so I didn’t want it to go to waste. It was pretty good–especially the barbeque. And the beans. And the chicken. And the cake. And the cornbread. And the hotdogs. And the jar of mayonnaise. I really like those big jars from Costco. Most jars of mayonnaise are just too darn small. And the salad was good too. I like meat, but a little salad now and then isn’t all that bad.

Well, that’s all for now.


Karl, the dinosaur sheriff

No comments:

Post a Comment