Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Happy. yeah right.

Today is my birthday.  I'm at the point in my life when I am no longer happy to have them. In fact, I would be delighted if I could get through the day without having anyone wish me a happy birthday. Maybe I'll turn my phone off for the entire day. 

Thing is, I don't think I ever was all that thrilled with birthdays.  I only recall one year where my childhood friends were all invited over. That party did not go well.  One thing I remember vividly is there were toy party favors and I didn't get any because my mom didn't buy enough of them. And she let some kids come who I didn't like. I really was very angry with her that day. I don't recall ever having another birthday party.  My mother never seemed to want to do one after that.  Since I never really had much of a celebration, I guess birthdays never really were a big deal for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment