Thursday, June 21, 2012

Kredit Kardz

I'm getting a little tired of the Capital One commercials where the guy is trying to get the baby to take the cash back card and the baby wants nothing to do with it.  Well, when I was a baby, I didn't have a credit card and I got by fine.  The truth is, when you're in a stroller, you don't have much opportunity to buy anything, anyway.  Of course, the E-Trade baby apparently has a mobile ap to access his E-Trade account.  Presumably, if he had a credit card, he could order stuff from Amazon right from the comfort of his play pen.

What I can't really figure out is why Capital One wants the baby business.  I didn't have any money when I was a baby. Even if I had figured out how to get out of my stroller and buy myself some new duds, I would have had no way to pay for the purchase when the bill came. I can't believe this is a profitable segment for Capital One. But, the credit card market is somewhat saturated, they say. So, I guess the baby segment is about all that's left to market to.

No comments:

Post a Comment