Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fighting Evil

Most people, if you were to ask them, would likely say that fighting evil is a worthwhile endeavor.  But, the question comes how do you define evil? In my case, evil is very specific. It comes in the form of an 80 year old man who starts screaming obscenities at me every time he sees me. To this day, I have no idea who he is or why he finds me so offensive.  These altercations started last winter at the post office and continue whenever our paths cross.

So, two days ago, I was having a sandwich in a local eatery and there this guy was.. And he had not noticed me as I was sitting at the bar and he was in the dining room.  Anyway, I noticed he got up and headed off to the restroom. It was an opportunity I could not resist. The wait staff seemed preoccupied, so I quickly went over, grabbed his plate, and dropped his food in the garbage, then replaced the empty plate on his table and went back to the bar. 

Well, he returned and sat down to finish his lunch and realized his plate was empty.  He yelled at the waiter, who came over. He insisted someone had taken his lunch. The waiter, the only one, was quite certain he had not touched it and was convinced this guy had eaten the food and thought it unlikely anyone would want a half eaten chicken salad. Then the manager got involved. And there was a lot of screaming. Then, this guy stormed off without paying. 

And I finished my lunch, paid my bill and left, oblivious to the commotion.  You never know what these crazy old coots will do. To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment