Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter (movie)

I wasn't sure if I wanted to review this movie.  It's pretty much what one would expect. Abraham Lincoln runs around killing vampires.  They're certainly joining the trend of trying to stretch the envelope of vampire lore with vampires freely running around in the daytime, and a fairly new concept that vampires can't kill each other (which I find preposterous). 

So, this is certainly a new take on the Confederacy.  And it's a new take on Lincoln.  I like for movies to take risks, as so few seem to. This one certainly did.  But, overall, I didn't really care for it.  It has a choppy (deliberate) style that I didn't really like very much. And, I saw the ending, which is quite active, coming a mile away. 

I think the hardcore vampire buff will probably appreciate this film. I'm not sure others will.

No comments:

Post a Comment