Monday, May 14, 2012

Skeletons

When I was little I was terrified of skeletons for about a year. It started when I dressed as one for Halloween. There was a point where I had to sleep with a light on. I eventually got over it. I don't know if that's why, but I have never written a story with skeletons in it.  Of course, as horror elements go, skeleton stories are rather lame.  Anyway, I'm much more partial to ghost stories.  But, I found a collection of horror in the library today and it's got multiple skeleton stories.  If I like it, I'll review it later. [I don't bother to review books I don't like].

That got me thinking. Except for lame movies, I don't recall seeing many skeleton stories in books. I've never had one submitted to me for something I was editing.  Well, we'll see if I need to go back to leaving the light on after I get the book read.

No comments:

Post a Comment