Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mail

It's no secret the US postal system isn't what it used to be.  Last week I mailed a small package to a military APO address using the combined online customs/address format label that has everything on one printed page. [Customs forms are required when mailing to APO addresses]. So, I was amazed when the package was delivered to me Monday. The sorting plant at Grand Junction apparently couldn't read the form that is approved by the USPS and the clerk at the Avon Post Office couldn't read it either, where it says clearly To: and a military address. I was clearly on the from (sender) part.

The window clerk said she'd send it back to the recipient. So, naturally, it turned up again for me at the Avon Post Office again today. Gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment