Monday, April 23, 2012

Cigarettes

An odd thing happened yesterday at the grocery store.  When I went back out to my car, a pack of cigarettes was on the front seat. The car had been unlocked. They were Kools. I don't smoke--never have.  I wondered what to do with them.  I thought about mailing them to the president, but it's now illegal to send tobacco through the mail [He used to smoke. The way things are going, he might want to start again].. Then I thought about tossing them in the church collection plate and letting God have them. Ultimately, I put them in an envelope and wrote the name of my former boss on them and left them on her front porch. [I don't like her very much].

I'll never know why someone left me cigarettes.  And I'll never know what ultimately happened to them. One of the many mysteries of life, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment