Friday, March 9, 2012

Another Day Another Antho

Over at Science Fiction Trails, where I'm publisher, we're well on the way toward fulfilling my evil plot to flood the world with western horror anthologies. I've pretty well wrapped up the selection process for our latest--Low Noon.  What stung a bit was three rather well known pro writers had all promised to contribute--not one of them did. Unfortunately, who is in the book affects sales--a lot. There's a certain type of reader who won't buy a book if he/she doesn't recognize the names of the author(s).   I know we can't pay pro rates--we don't have the retail distribution to support pro rates. But, if these people had no intention of submitting, I don't know why they told me they would.

Fortunately, I now have a big enough writer pool that I don't actually need these particular writers. I've got a perfectly awesome book without them and they can drop dead for all I care. But, will it affect sales in the negative? Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment